2 clowns 1 has a possible parasite.

mattprice252

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
31
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty folks just your friendly average neighborhood reefer here. So I’ve added a set of mochas to my tank along with my goby and pistol pair. One of my mochas has a long stringy white poop I’ve already been in here deep investigating. Do I need to quarantine my one mocha or can I treat it with prazipro and whatever else y'all recommend.

IMG_3385.jpeg image.jpg
 
QTing is a little to late now to stop it from spreading any parasites it may or may not have from spreading in your DT tank but if you are to medicate the fish do it in a separate clean tank. No rocks or substrate since it will absorb the medicine.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/internal-pathogens.267419/
Read this for the stringy poop. My memory thought it was constipation but my free 2cents is usually wrong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new