*2 DAY LIVE SALE* March 9th & 10th *2,000+ CORALS* Saturday & Sunday *PRIZES*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, very easy, from West Aussie, we've had great success with these, IMO hardier than the East Aussie ones. Lower light and flow, feed it well.

Any pro-tips for the long term care and coloration of the rainbow wilsoni?

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pro-tips for the long term care and coloration of the rainbow wilsoni?

Low light (like almost darkness), low blues. Dirtier water, feed well. Slowly bring them out for more lighting, takes a bit of time, but they color up very well.

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaSD how hard is it to take care of a Wilsoni? and a homegrown kryptonite candy cane?

Candies are easy :) just don't blast with them in light and have decent water quality, will do great and grow well

Travis Warren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20190310-211105.png
what is the best deal on this one?

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low light (like almost darkness), low blues. Dirtier water, feed well. Slowly bring them out for more lighting, takes a bit of time, but they color up very well.

Wow, darkness light level! Do you mean like corner of the tank on the sand bed level, or darker? I’m running a reefer 525 with 3 hydra 26s using an approximation of AB+. I could run them at 50% acclimation level for maybe a week without harming the other corals, and then bring it back up... Will it be able to keep its color under that scenario? I’ve never had a rainbow one, my green and purple one has done well for almost a year on the sand bed, it gets reefroid paste, but some of my acans have gone red/orange over time (about 1/4 to 1/3 the way up). I want to make sure this doesn’t happen with the fanciest coral I’ve ever purchased in almost 20 years of reefing! Ha

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, darkness light level! Do you mean like corner of the tank on the sand bed level, or darker? I’m running a reefer 525 with 3 hydra 26s using an approximation of AB+. I could run them at 50% acclimation level for maybe a week without harming the other corals, and then bring it back up... Will it be able to keep its color under that scenario? I’ve never had a rainbow one, my green and purple one has done well for almost a year on the sand bed, it gets reefroid paste, but some of my acans have gone red/orange over time (about 1/4 to 1/3 the way up). I want to make sure this doesn’t happen with the fanciest coral I’ve ever purchased in almost 20 years of reefing! Ha

Always easier for a brown coral to come back with color than a bleached out one. I'd start the rainbow wilsoni inside a cave, so it gets some indirect light, then slowly move it out. If you feel it's not hydrating out/acting normal, put it back in the dark. Feed it a couple times a week, and always clear any uneaten food off afterwards. The divers get these out of dark caves and murky waters, so they're not used to much light. Thanks!

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After Party Sale is Here! Additional Discounts! PRE SHOP NOW! Code is LIVE at 10am PST (1pm EST)

1. 20% Off Code ACTIVATES at 3/11 Monday 10am PST, 11am MT, 12pm CST, 1pm EST! Some exclusions will apply.

2. Code to use is "AFTERPARTY"

3. Please check out completely to secure your order. Having an item in your cart doesn't mean it's saved for you, other customers have a chance of purchasing it if they check out first.

4. Website - www.aquasd.com

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back