OP
OP
G

gtaudioworks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color looks fine so not sure what it could be. Your large water change seems like the best option and checking for unusual stuff like stray voltage, rusty magnets, air fresheners that may have floated into water, etc...

I still keep thinking about the cloudy water though and seems really odd as a telltale sign because you started losing fish at the same time.
Yes..it is suspicious, it's not cloudy enough to capture it with the camera, like I said the carbon reactor has cleaned it up. I may never have an answer. All I can do is a water change and hope for the best...I wish my RO would work faster.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes..it is suspicious, it's not cloudy enough to capture it with the camera, like I said the carbon reactor has cleaned it up. I may never have an answer. All I can do is a water change and hope for the best...I wish my RO would work faster.
Just do 25% now. better than waiting IMHO

OP
OP
G

gtaudioworks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I never quarantined my clown..I kept an eye on him he was eating and acting fine as are all my corals.
I have no idea what killed 3 fish in the span of 12 hrs but my water quality is fine and the poly pad has not shown any evidence of toxins. I will do a water change today and change out the carbon in my reactor again just to be on the safe side.
Guess I may never know what happened..waiting on the findings of the fish store here in NJ...Absolutely Fish.
They have been very helpful and are examining the dead fish for parasites and signs of disease.

OP
OP
G

gtaudioworks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just do 25% now. better than waiting IMHO
My RO system is very slow..low pressure from my well....takes 3 hrs to make 5 gallons, so by the time I had enough water it was very late, but the clown was eating and acting fine..so I decided to keep him in the tank...he's fine this morning...what the heck happened ? I may never know. doing a water change as we speak.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RO system is very slow..low pressure from my well....takes 3 hrs to make 5 gallons, so by the time I had enough water it was very late, but the clown was eating and acting fine..so I decided to keep him in the tank...he's fine this morning...what the heck happened ? I may never know. doing a water change as we speak.
Get a pressure booster.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back