2 Gyres with 1 controller and 2 battery backups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Actuarious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought I could figure this out, but it seems I need a little help. I got the XF230 with controller and a second XF230 pump only. I also have 2 battery backups, one for each pump. I am having a difficult time trying to piece it all together. Does anyone have a similar setup? How does it all fit together?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that you need to link the BBs as one unit, then to the controller vs to each pump.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a diagram to daisy-chain two Icecap battery back ups, if it helps. I have mine set up like you are trying to do. You could run both pumps this way through the controller, but I set the gyre controller to only run one pump at 30% in battery mode to extend my time even further. All you need is water movement in case of an outage. I have run gyres for almost 20 hours this way - could have gone longer.

DdgQFa7l.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Actuarious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, this helps. I thought there was a way to have each pump with their own backup. How do you set only one pump to run 30%?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back