2 heads of torch withdrawn?

WrasseMan89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I noticed one of my torches had started to withdrawn 2 heads. I kept an eye on it and just hoped that maybe today it would be out an happy again. I get home from work and the 2 are still withdrawn and the one that is out isn't a big as it normally is. I ran my parameters and they check out except for phosphate.
Ph 8
All 8.8 dkh
Calcium 440
Nitrate 5
Phosphate 0
Salinity 1.026
Last time I checked phosphate was about 4 days ago and it was 0.07 and now it's 0. I do see that I'm getting what looks like some dinos starting. Could that be what's upset my torch? I have another torch that looks fine and 2 octospawn that are happy (1 was just added 2 days ago so it's still settling in). I keep red ogo in the tank cause I like the way it looks but I'm thinking it along with the new dinos that look like they are appearing are stripping my nutrients. Could that be the culprit or is my torch just doing normal weird torch stuff?
1000008272.jpg

OP
OP
W

WrasseMan89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I increased feeding but it looks like I bottomed out and have dinos. I will begin dosing neophos and neonitro to manually raise them and fight through this dino junk. I'm sure this will be fun.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back