2 Hydra 26 HD w/56 gal column

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rollman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rollman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
375
Reaction score
727
Location
Annapolis MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone-
I have 2 hydra 26 hd on top of my 56 gal column. My tank is not rimless so the brackets are no good. I am building a diy solution but am curious. The lights now are 10 in from the water. Should i lower due to being a column 30x18x24. It’s a mix of different LPS, SPS, and softees

Thanks
 
Hi Everyone-
I have 2 hydra 26 hd on top of my 56 gal column. My tank is not rimless so the brackets are no good. I am building a diy solution but am curious. The lights now are 10 in from the water. Should i lower due to being a column 30x18x24. It’s a mix of different LPS, SPS, and softees

Thanks
Rollman,
I'd keep them high enough to capture an "great led spread", so that you minimize shadows and hot spots.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new