2 New guests

Scottmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it seems as I not only got an unwelcome addition of Ich to my tank with my recent purchases of inverts and a large anemone, but I got a few hitchkihers on board too.

Heres a couple for you mysery investigators, i'm guessing a baby nudibranch in pic 1 (sp?)

1.jpg

And some kind of (im guessing) flat worm. It's about 2", has a weird cone shaped head, moves slowly side to side and extends then flattens its body. It is cream coloured with a darker line down its lengths and small spines/feelers down either side of its body.)
2.jpg

Any ideas?

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Scottmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, good news if its a bristle worm. since I took the pic it has submerged itself in the sand and appears to excrete a sticky gunge that the sand sticks to.

The first bugaboo is so tiny its hard to get a clear pic with a mobile phone (and my 2 yr olds yoghurt-covered finger prints on the glass don't help!), but best description of pic 1 is that it is a tiny white flat slug with antennae and frilly sides.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
S

Scottmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Scottmac , the 1st photo look like this: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...m-or-just-alien-creature.730717/#post-7608275 which is benthic ctenophores, check is it coming with long tentacles like (over few inches).
The second photo look like Vermetid snail out of the shell (if you see it's moving), I got one some time ago which was as the described one, and it was about 4-5cm long and 5-6mm fat.

LOL thanks for the link... but I had to quickly take the pictures and didn't have time to clean the glass of my kids yoghurts finger smears, they're not tentacles! ;)
I was trying to focus on the tiny white slug like thing on the glass.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry then, Can't help for the 1st photo then, I was looking on it, and on the rock the purple like was looking like what I describe and say it x.
What about the second one ? do you saw it again ? and search vermetid snails on youtube, watch few videos, if your one is that, and that size, it can come problematic for your corals with the sticky web it realize in the water.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You got the suckapalooza guests this round! So sorry!

OP
OP
S

Scottmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. No probs, I haven't seen either since - I will keep an eye out and try for a clearer pic next time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back