2-Part + All-in-One Trace Additive?

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve been running All for Reef on my tank for the last 2 years to decent success, but am considering switching back to 2-part as I want to more accurately automate my KH monitoring (either with KH Director, though thinking about ditching GHL… or, KH Keeper Plus). I potentially would have 3 or 4 dosing chambers with this setup and would like to reserve the 3rd chamber for Magnesium.

I was potentially thinking of continuing Tropic Marin K+ and A-, but am curious about what else would work in a 3 - 4 part dosing regimen. Could anyone recommend a holistic trace-element additive that leaves out the Alk and Cal? Thanks much!

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen the Bulk Reef video where they use their 2 part matched with Balling C from TM?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many good options here. Some are:

1. A two or three part with extra trace elements in it.

2. A complete two part system like ESV plus trace element additive if your choice.

3. A complete three part system plus trace element additive of your choice. Examples would be Balling from Tropic Marin, or my DIY (like BRS uses) plus Balling Part C.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back