OP
OP
T

Tmmste

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever done an ICP test on your tank water? If it is already high in some things, such as bromide, then it wouldn't be optimal to add more.
Dear Randy, no I have never done an ICP test. For that money I would rather buy 2 buckets of saltmix and do many large waterchanges before I start. Regarding boron the usage calculation is based on one of your articles back in 2002, the majority though is compensating what is removed by hand.
I do wonder if you think I will get any reaction from the sodium tetraborate and potassium iodide together.. ? Thank you in advance randy! your the best!

OP
OP
T

Tmmste

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Borate and iodide salts are entirely compatible. :)
Awsome! I will start dosing tomorrow then. 2x IKS and 16L containers, I guess that will last me appromately 3 to 6 months. I do wonder to what extend I should compensate for the elements consumed by agae scrubbers.. unfortunately only Triton knows that. Hopefully I can share this information in the course of time.
aeac79a7f7465ea65be89af36378170d.jpg
e7be7537737c6ed1093d14ac4c8b60ea.jpg

Dumbledore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tmmste

How is the experiment going? I have ben reading through your posts and i am curious to hear about your progress. How does theory hold up with the reefing world?

OP
OP
T

Tmmste

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tmmste

How is the experiment going? I have ben reading through your posts and i am curious to hear about your progress. How does theory hold up with the reefing world?

So far, I am not disappointed. It works, like all other reefers following Randy Holmes improved 2-part. Although there are more things influencing kH (e.g. liquid iron dosing). So, I will quit that and continue to use a bit of GFO instead. Unfortunately the scrubber failed; it worked for a while, but I accidently burned the algae.. so this is too fragile for my taste. I will therefore give the donovan nitrate destroyer a try. Apart from that I have nothing to complain.. still sourcing foodgrade elements for some less pure sources to prevent a build-up of metals. Switching back to GFO will reduce these anyway fortunately.. however, just in case I will give Triton Detox a try, just to prevent critical levels at some point.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back