2 pistol shrimps in 20 gallon

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have 2 pistol shrimps. Probably not recommended. One is in one corner of the tank paired with a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby under my zoa frags and the other is under my rocks on the other side paired with my Yellow watchman goby. Will they kill each other if they are already paired with a shrimp. Survived last night. TIA Rich

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure it is a great idea either. Not a 20L even? They will begin to cross territory. Maybe set up a little 5gal and add the hifin/pistol to that. They can be in a little tank. JMO

OP
OP
rich nyc

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm not sure if I want another tank. I already have a reefer 250 and a 5 gallon. My 250 has a large diamond goby so not sure if could add another if i can catch them

OP
OP
rich nyc

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so its been a week and the candy cane that is paired with the hi fin goby is still alive. Should I try to get the tiger shrimp tomorrow when I do a water change. Will have to totally take down the tank to catch it as it is very quick

OP
OP
rich nyc

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally saw the tiger pistol under my zoa and got a net and transferred him to my display tank and my candy cane survived 3 weeks. However, I now have 2 candycanes living in the same burrow when I only bought 1. How the heck is that possible. It is awesome though.

IMG_1099.JPG

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally saw the tiger pistol under my zoa and got a net and transferred him to my display tank and my candy cane survived 3 weeks. However, I now have 2 candycanes living in the same burrow when I only bought 1. How the heck is that possible. It is awesome though.

IMG_1099.JPG
Wow! Very cool!

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1099.JPG
You have two by accident and I've been trying to fine one for months lol. Cool picture

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back