2 RFG's, 1 Biocube!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick shout out as to how much I love your RFG's!

Over the weekend I recently upgraded my little MJ1200 pump to a Sicce 3.0 for my small 29 gallon biocube! To say that I increased the flow dramatically is an understatement! Originally I was just using 1 RFG and the amount of flow that was being pushed out of the single RFG by the Sicce was just too much for my cube...solution...use a loc-line splitter, and use 2 RFG heads!

I was previously thinking of adding an MP10 or MP40 to my tank to really help with the random and increased amount of flow in the tank, but I can safely say with my new combination, I have NO NEED for another circulation pump in my tank.

I still have a Jaebo PP-4 in the rear of my tank to help prevent any deadspots by my rockwork, but all my corals are incredibly happy.

Keep up the great work!

fulltank-whites-2018-07-16.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics I'll work on creating a video tonight/tomorrow (made a reminder in my phone so I don't forget. This is the Oceanic 29 Gallon Biocube. When I had just one RFG running, it was flattening all my euphilia's as well as my acans. By using the slippter, it's the perfect amount of flow, and the fact that they are random, and I have my Jaebo PP-4 on pulse mode, it really is working on a fully randomized flow throughout the tank.

I'll showcase the tank with no flow, with only the PP-4 on pushing flow in the rear of the tank through the rockwork, and then with the RFG's running through the Sicce 3.0

Like I said, I'm extremely happy with the flow in the tank!

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics I'll work on creating a video tonight/tomorrow (made a reminder in my phone so I don't forget. This is the Oceanic 29 Gallon Biocube. When I had just one RFG running, it was flattening all my euphilia's as well as my acans. By using the slippter, it's the perfect amount of flow, and the fact that they are random, and I have my Jaebo PP-4 on pulse mode, it really is working on a fully randomized flow throughout the tank.

I'll showcase the tank with no flow, with only the PP-4 on pushing flow in the rear of the tank through the rockwork, and then with the RFG's running through the Sicce 3.0

Like I said, I'm extremely happy with the flow in the tank!

That would be great! can't wait to see it.

Be sure to post it to your Random Flow Generator Members tank show off thread
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/random-flow-generator-show-off-thread-show-us-your-tank.331758/

And if you have a build thread, please include a link. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back