2 Tangs in a 90 gallon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xenoblade
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Xenoblade

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
29
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I wanted, could I add a Bristletooth and a Kole to a 90 gallon tank together? I understand they’re the same family, so they’re more likely to fight.

But if I add them at the same time, and have lots of hiding places, and am sure to feed a good amount, would I be able to have 2 tangs in a 90 gallon?
 
I wouldn't add 2 from the same family. I keep a wild yellow and a two spot bristletooth together in a tank smaller than recommended. The yellow went in first then a year later I added the bristle tooth. They've been together over two years with no problems. I do have a larger tank that fish can be moved to if needed.
 
I had a 90 with a Kole, Yellow and Powder Blue. No major issues after they figure out the hierarchy. I now have a 300 with five different tangs, (yellow, powder blue, pacific blue, purple, bristle tooth, yes i lost the Kole 😞 ). After a few days of jostling and showing who's the "boss" they all get along great! I have an opportunity to get another yellow but a bit nervous, especially because of the cost of a yellow tang these days! Put them in together, feed them well and I'm sure they'll be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new