#2 window a/c chiller

Still need to pressurize and check for leaks, then I will cover the suction line is insulation. Then pull a vacuum and charge. Won't be able to charge exact it will have some refrigerant in it. We will charge more exact when I put a pump and circulate water through it. Stay tune

Screenshot_2020-03-14-19-37-57-1.png
 
finally it's Chiller time. Going to install do-it-yourself Chiller I built, I got water running through heat exchanger. Going to charge it up now, first I check for leaks oh, none. Then I pulled a vacuum. Ready to charge
the old Chiller, which works fine I will keep as an emergency. And the one I just built both have a cabinet

20200413_123650.jpg 20200413_124225.jpg 20200413_125834.jpg
 
piece of cake , I reckon she's Cooling she don't look pretty, but she'll get me from point A to point B, with peace of mind. Window unit has very low mileage on it. Even if it doesn't look that way

20200413_134752.jpg 20200413_135314.jpg
 
because my field includes Refrigeration, I have the main Essentials. the heat exchanger from China total with shipping $98, AC unit I had, free. And Freon gas and miscellaneous parts and Welding material. Another $25
 
Update chiller still operating. We've had days continuously at 107 degrees at times and the chiller has no issues keeping the water at 74°, water volume is 90 to 100 gallons.
I forgot to mention the whole system and the chiller are outside, of course under a canopy

It's a workhorse

IMG_20200803_164206936_HDR.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new