2 y/o Clownfish sick - need help

dlynch8802

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last 5 days, my female clown has been acting like the below pictures and video. She is 2 years old and generally stays in her nem. Tank parameters normal. She's not eating as well. I have been having to hand feed her. Only think I've been doing is dipping food in fresh cut up garlic. I'm thinking brook, but it has been suggested that it is hole in the head disease. Anyone have any experience with this? Thank you in advance

IMG_1149.JPG
IMG_1148.JPG
82fa98cdc93aea752575d0134233ca24.jpg
82fa98cdc93aea752575d0134233ca24.jpg
811afac712bc7be9b8fc57993f989ca5.jpg

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you forgot to post the video.. do you have a pair in the tank? If so, have you seen any aggression from the other clown recently? Both of the ailments you listed are generally accompanied by visual symptoms that I'm not seeing on your clown.. (unless that subtle darkened spot on his front band is new). I would look into separating this guy from the other tank inhabitants with a breeder net just in case anyone starts picking on the weak gal.

OP
OP
dlynch8802

dlynch8802

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you forgot to post the video.. do you have a pair in the tank? If so, have you seen any aggression from the other clown recently? Both of the ailments you listed are generally accompanied by visual symptoms that I'm not seeing on your clown.. (unless that subtle darkened spot on his front band is new). I would look into separating this guy from the other tank inhabitants with a breeder net just in case anyone starts picking on the weak gal.

I'll try and post one later. It's not letting me right now. She has a mate, but she was definitely the more aggressive one. I have a refugium built into my sump, do you think I can put her in there for now? Don't have a qt running

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try and post one later. It's not letting me right now. She has a mate, but she was definitely the more aggressive one. I have a refugium built into my sump, do you think I can put her in there for now? Don't have a qt running

I think that would be a good idea as long as there's nothing in there to harm her and you're still able to tend to her as you currently do

Back