2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe in feeding coral anything they can't absorb through their dermis. I know through experimentation, both scientifically and anecdotally that they expend more energy breaking down the foods they capture than they gain from capturing them. Aminos and glucose from photosynthesis are as far as I go... although I feed 3 types of liquid food...

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't believe in feeding coral anything they can't absorb through their dermis. I know through experimentation, both scientifically and anecdotally that they expend more energy breaking down the foods they capture than they gain from capturing them. Aminos and glucose from photosynthesis are as far as I go... although I feed 3 types of liquid food...
Love to hear what liquid foods you do feed and amino acids of choice. I'm use Aquavitro Fuel right now for aminos.

nekocats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In way late
Eric Andre I Feel The Same Way GIF by Adult Swim

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love to hear what liquid foods you do feed and amino acids of choice. I'm use Aquavitro Fuel right now for aminos.
Korallin Zucht LPS for everything

AB Plus on a dosing pump. 3 times a day.

And Brightwell Amino I got cheap, once a week... spot feeding anything that looks hungry

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no lps pellets?
Better late than Nate? @Nate Chalk
I see what you did there. He's a date runner then me though.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Right now, I use PNS Yellow snow and sometimes will mix up some benepets and put it in. That's down to once every week or two. PNS Yellow I do every three days now about. Kinda like @StatelineReefer I don't think about really 'feeding' my corals. I think of it as if they were in the wild, no one is out there 'feeding' them. So, I just broadcast with the PYS. Seems to be working for me so far!

Now I'm just tearing my hair out over how I'm going to plumb this new sump, never had one before. Modified the eshopps sump, cut the two filter sock holders out so I can hang a reefmat 500 in their place. Just not sure how the rest of the chamber will be... that'll be in the build thread shortly though... lol

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now, I use PNS Yellow snow and sometimes will mix up some benepets and put it in. That's down to once every week or two. PNS Yellow I do every three days now about. Kinda like @StatelineReefer I don't think about really 'feeding' my corals. I think of it as if they were in the wild, no one is out there 'feeding' them. So, I just broadcast with the PYS. Seems to be working for me so far!

Now I'm just tearing my hair out over how I'm going to plumb this new sump, never had one before. Modified the eshopps sump, cut the two filter sock holders out so I can hang a reefmat 500 in their place. Just not sure how the rest of the chamber will be... that'll be in the build thread shortly though... lol
Should never eat yellow snow.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Korallin Zucht LPS for everything

AB Plus on a dosing pump. 3 times a day.

And Brightwell Amino I got cheap, once a week... spot feeding anything that looks hungry
Are you using the AminOmega or Aminos? I had a lot better response from the Gonis with the Aminos than I do with the AminOmega.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 157 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back