2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Wuzzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to calibrate it first, which would a PAR meter would be needed anyways. I tried it and it was high by about 100. Once I calibrated it(basically setting an offset) yes it worked fine. Different phones have different cameras.
hm ok. any way to calibrate without a par meter? guessing not

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being such a new tank with dry rock and being newer to reefing..acros are going to be tough. Not impossible but it's going to take a bit of luck/monitoring/stability
Thanks for the help. The monitoring won’t be a problem but the others may lol. We will see how it goes.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let it discourage you if things don't turn out though. Test water and test water. We don't grow corals..we just manage their environment.

Wuzzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope. Does your LFS use a par meter? Or any PAR meter anywhere, once you set it for whatever light it should be fine with LEDs
alright cool. all started from wondering if i should turn my prime 16 up, and i think i will over the coming month or two. dont think it could do anything but benefit the tank, i know they pack a punch for the size but its over a 29 cube.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rent one, Apogee is the best consumer grade.

Seneye works well for me at about $200, just be sure to update the firmware

Then I saw this released by coralvue, don't know much about it yet @ $300

There are some threads R2R that have put up some readings and research. I'll see if I can find it, here it is:

Parwise thread

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright cool. all started from wondering if i should turn my prime 16 up, and i think i will over the coming month or two. dont think it could do anything but benefit the tank, i know they pack a punch for the size but its over a 29 cube.
That's what I had on mine and ran the Saxby schedule

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
hm ok. any way to calibrate without a par meter? guessing not
I guess if you know what your light should read at say (100% at 6" above the water at the water line) or whatever, you could compare to get in the ballpark. Would still be a bit of a guess though.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let it discourage you if things don't turn out though. Test water and test water. We don't grow corals..we just manage their environment.
I’ll try not to. I wasn’t planning on trying any SPS. They just kind of found their way into my cart because they were $1 or cheap. But it’s a living thing and I don’t want to kill it so I’m going to try. I test very frequently now. Most of the time daily.

Wuzzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I had on mine and ran the Saxby schedule
i had the saxby schedule for a while, got out of the hobby then got back in during october of last year or so, and decided to change it and experiment. now i just run a 10 hour cycle with a 1 hour ramp up and down, no up and down changes during the day, with all the blues and violets all the way up. have been messing with the cool white amount to get the most pleasing asthetic effect.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try not to. I wasn’t planning on trying any SPS. They just kind of found their way into my cart because they were $1 or cheap. But it’s a living thing and I don’t want to kill it so I’m going to try. I test very frequently now. Most of the time daily.
A form of auto top off helps also. slow changes are best in this hobby for sure. The worst thing you can do is panic and try to make a quick change. Were all around this thread anytime you have questions or concerns and there are people far more experienced floating around in this thread that can help too

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A form of auto top off helps also. slow changes are best in thisnhobby for sure. The worst thing you can do isnpanic and try to make a wuick change. Were all around this thread anytimenyou have questions or concerns and there are people far more experienced floating around in this thread that can help too
Appreciate it. I have a tunze ATO

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry no frogspawn, that was a typo. So I can’t put a hammer and two indo gold torches right next to each other?
Not if you don’t want warfare which the hammer will probably lose

FishyJoe91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry no frogspawn, that was a typo. So I can’t put a hammer and two indo gold torches right next to each other?
1679368545598.jpeg

Torches need to be isolated from the hammers and frogspawn but hammers and frogspawn are friendly

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back