2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m getting ready too. Doing a water change this weekend and got in new glue and epoxy.
Just go to the dollar tree and buy a whole box of super glue gel. 24 packs, 2 little tubes per pack. I was tired of running out, so I just bought a box. What salt do you use?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go to the dollar tree and buy a whole box of super glue gel. 24 packs, 2 little tubes per pack. I was tired of running out, so I just bought a box. What salt do you use?
Does that stuff actually work well? I use IC-Gel glue and Tunze Epoxy.

I do like the idea of small tubes, as the bigger ones always seize up on me before I finish them.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I do like the idea of small tubes, as the bigger ones always seize up on me before I finish them.
Gel super glue is gel super glue. I use dollar store sg

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I do like the idea of small tubes, as the bigger ones always seize up on me before I finish them
I have the same problem with the bigger bottle. It's $1.25 for a 2 tubes. I've been using it for years. It cheaper than others and it works for me. I use the sandwich method to mount my plugs and I have no complains.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with the bigger bottle. It's $1.25 for a 2 tubes. I've been using it for years. It cheaper than others and it works for me. I use the sandwich method to mount my plugs and I have no complains.
I heard someone making a ruckus a couple of months ago in the dollar store because things went up to $1.25.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard someone making a ruckus a couple of months ago in the dollar store because things went up to $1.25.
Hahaha, I don't step a foot in those stores. Sometimes my mom will buy stuff from there and give it to my kids for easter, etc, and I typically throw it away. Unless you like your chocolate to taste like your candle.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
WOW. Things are up everywhere. I don't shop Dollar Tree that often. When I went to buy the box of glue gel, I saw it wasn't $1 like it used to. Still cheap and effective.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it works fine with the sandwich method. Even with the good stuff, I still do the sandwich method nowadays.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gel super glue is gel super glue. I use dollar store sg
WOW. Things are up everywhere. I don't shop Dollar Tree that often. When I went to buy the box of glue gel, I saw it wasn't $1 like it used to. Still cheap and effective.
I'll admit, I do like the idea of the tiny tubes. The gel I use is like $7 and then I only get through 1/2 of it before it is unusable.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hahaha, I don't step a foot in those stores. Sometimes my mom will buy stuff from there and give it to my kids for easter, etc, and I typically throw it away. Unless you like your chocolate to taste like your candle.
I would never buy food from there. I do however buy stuff like glue gel and other stuff I use in my garden and around the house

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never buy food from there. I do however buy stuff like glue gel and other stuff I use in my garden and around the house
Agreed. I wouldn't have a problem using the gel... But I don't know about off brand candy/food.....
I'm actually the stupid one..... essentially spending 14x more considering it is 7x more expensive and I end up throwing away half of it.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'll admit, I do like the idea of the tiny tubes. The gel I use is like $7 and then I only get through 1/2 of it before it is unusable.
Exactly. Before the coral come, just go and grab a whole box or grab everything they got. It nice to have things you often use on hand.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. I wouldn't have a problem using the gel... But I don't know about off brand candy/food.....
I'm actually the stupid one..... essentially spending 14x more considering it is 7x more expensive and I end up throwing away half of it.
That's specifically what I go to that store for. Every now and then they have a bonus pack (3 tubes) for the same price...I buy all of them lol

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. Before the coral come, just go and grab a whole box or grab everything they got. It nice to have things you often use on hand.
That's specifically what I go to that store for. Every now and then they have a bonus pack (3 tubes) for the same price...I buy all of them lol
Alright, you guys convinced me... after this new tube seizes up on me, I'll throw it away and try the dollar store stuff. And like we said, with the sandwich method, pretty much any gel would be fine.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, you guys convinced me... after this new tube seizes up on me, I'll throw it away and try the dollar store stuff. And like we said, with the sandwich method, pretty much any gel would be fine.
The sandwich combo is fine for sure with it. It's fine without it too but the putty is def much better. Looks like this sea tak product isn't working out for people..I was excited about it.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sandwich combo is fine for sure with it. It's fine without it too but the putty is def much better. Looks like this sea tak product isn't working out for people..I was excited about it.
I saw that, that’s too bad. With my technique I don’t glue anything permanently to my rockwork.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of rockwork, now that it looks like I won’t have to pack up the tanks for a move in the near future, I can go ahead with a project that I’d been planning. I’ve got a bunch of frag plugs both plastic and ceramic. My plan is to glue two together from the flat sides and carefully make holes in the rocks so that they’ll fit together kind of like 3D puzzle pieces. Here’s two samples I made. And on another completely unrelated note maybe it’ll sound a bit odd but the thing I’m most looking forward to is the snails I think.
02E48237-B7FC-436B-B56B-ED4D4922A743.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

They also sell 4 packs of the single use tubes.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back