2 year old copper band not eating

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My copper band butterfly stopped eating. He’s eaten from my hands almost everyday for 2 years. I missed a couple days of feeding this summer. Not in a row and the second was yesterday. Today he wouldn’t go after my frozen food at all. My other fish ate it like normal. But the Cbb just ignored it. I’m hopeful and scared he found something else in the tank to supplement his diet. I haven’t noticed anything coral wise missing. But am hoping he starts eating frozen again. Do they forget what they like? Or he’s finding enough pods to suffice his appetite?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mine did too after a recent move. Found my salinity was low and flow too low. It’s back to eating again.
Focus on water quality

OP
OP
Treefer32

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked salinity, it's at 1.025 with calibrated refrac. Temp has been a little low at times as I had the return pump shut down for almost a day late last week while I had to do some maintenance on the sump. But, everything is back and operational. Phosphates are high again at .19ppm. But, they'll come back down and the CBB has been in much worse phosphates. I noticed one of my angel fish likes to chase the CBB. When he was eating he'd turn around to check if the fish was behind him then go back to eating. definitely paranoid. But, I don't know that would cause him to stop eating all together. We'll see how he does over the next couple of days. It's time for a water change, so, I'll be doing that Thursday or Friday.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back