20 gal high power head placement

dorsalmeat

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Fowler
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I fully understand it depends on what your aquascaping looks like, but I was just trying to get a poll of how you position your power heads on a 20 gallon high aquarium. I have two Korilla powerheads on the back wall facing the front of the tank on about a 45 degree angle. I think that I have a bit of a dead zone in the back of the tank. One of the powerheads is a 245 gph the other is a 425 gph. Can you send pics. Do you find that low flow causes algae or a safe haven for a shrimp or other invert. Let me know. Thanks.
 
20260311_185331_EBE0C8EA-080A-42C9-8C2F-D4006C430EC5.png
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new