20 gal long tank build

That’s what I’m trying to do. Just ride it out. You can’t see them in the pictures but I did get some snails in there to help out. Besides the snails, I’m not going to add any chemicals or anything else to fight it.

Snails do a lotta work! You dont really see it overnight but slowly and surely they can clean your rocks and sand up. What kind do you have? I started with ceriths and then added a nassarius and trochus
 
Snails do a lotta work! You dont really see it overnight but slowly and surely they can clean your rocks and sand up. What kind do you have? I started with ceriths and then added a nassarius and trochus
So far I got 2 nassarius and 2 trochus. Probably going to add a couple ceriths as well. I’m waiting a couple weeks to see how much progress they make then I’ll add some more if needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new