20 Gallon Cube vs 20 Gallon Long

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going in circles with getting another tank for a small space. I was looking at the waterbox 20 Gallon Cube, which measures 17.7x17.7x15.2 versus an innovative marine 20 Long at 23.6x15x13.

The Waterbox Display: Length 17.2" Width: 14.6" Height 15.7"
The IM Display area is: Length 23.16” Width: 11.38” Height: 13”

Does anyone have any feedback to share about cube vs non cube AIO tanks in terms of aquascape and coral real estate placement.

Thanks
 
I'm going in circles with getting another tank for a small space. I was looking at the waterbox 20 Gallon Cube, which measures 17.7x17.7x15.2 versus an innovative marine 20 Long at 23.6x15x13.

The Waterbox Display: Length 17.2" Width: 14.6" Height 15.7"
The IM Display area is: Length 23.16” Width: 11.38” Height: 13”

Does anyone have any feedback to share about cube vs non cube AIO tanks in terms of aquascape and coral real estate placement.

Thanks
I would go for the long over the cube, definitely more options for spreading your aquascape out
 
Another vote for long. I have a tideline 21.4 gallon cube, i have little space for aqua scaping the way it has worked out. Wish i would've went with a long....and cheaper.
 
I'm going in circles with getting another tank for a small space. I was looking at the waterbox 20 Gallon Cube, which measures 17.7x17.7x15.2 versus an innovative marine 20 Long at 23.6x15x13.

The Waterbox Display: Length 17.2" Width: 14.6" Height 15.7"
The IM Display area is: Length 23.16” Width: 11.38” Height: 13”

Does anyone have any feedback to share about cube vs non cube AIO tanks in terms of aquascape and coral real estate placement.

Thanks
I think it would depend on where you plan to place it. If its going to be viewed from front and sides, a cube can be really nice. But if viewed mostly from the front, go with the long.
 
I set up the IM 20 long as a frag tank. It's a great little tank. I would recommend replacing the filter socks with media baskets
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new