20 gallon mixed reef *new*

Evanbardiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys have kept up with my last 20 gallon build thank you so much! And im happy to say that tank is stocked with corals and fish! Il be sure to update that tank, but i recently acquired another 20 gallon tank!

Introduction
The tank is a direct clone of the last tank, same dimensions. 24x16x12

filtration
Forza 600 canister filter
Spk 75 protein skimmer
I currently have these on my other 20 gallon and they are crazy good. Im just going to buy a second pair.

flow
2 aqua top 40’s

Heater- aqueon 50 watt

when i put together my last tank i mixed media gems with my sand, as well as i started curing some smaller dry rock. I plan on buying 20 pounds of dry rock with about 5 pounds of cured rock and placing those bio filter gems in the new canister and cycling our tank that way.

Im custom building the rockscape and am using reef cement to put together a really alien looking scape.

OP
OP
Evanbardiel

Evanbardiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today i acquired some live rock and set it to cure. About 10 pounds. Need another 10. Gonna grab some power heads this week. I have a heater and a nano skimmer already but ill be grabbing a better one. Ill be buying another filter soon as well. The lights im currently using i dont plan on buying again i plan in trying something else. Any recommendations would be dopey

OP
OP
Evanbardiel

Evanbardiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a new cannister filter, going to be another forza 90 gallon uv filter. Cant decide on lights this time around. Also im doing a 55 gallon low boy lagoon tank and a 20 gallon freshwater build.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back