20 gallon stocking

imnewplshelp

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2023
Messages
85
Reaction score
27
Location
oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 15 cube currently with one clownfish. Planning to quarantine more fish soon but I’m wanting to upgrade to a 20 at some point. I’m looking for suggestions for interesting fish that I could put in there. I know I want another clownfish (the other one I had got stuck in the overflow somehow) but I was thinking I would add a 3rd small fish for now and maybe a royal gramma in the 20 eventually? Or should I just stick to two clowns and wait for the tank upgrade to potentially get something else? They all need to be reef safe also. Thank you!
PS I already have a shrimp goby pair planned for a different setup in the future.
 
Last edited:
You can go for a second clown and add a Yellow clown goby. They have so much personality, add color and almost no bioload. Would skip the royal gramma even if you upgrade to a 20 gallon. Clowns are territorial and royal gramma’s can be nasty aswell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new