20 gallon with Noo-Psyche K7 suggestions

mister_quinn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a 20 gallon Innovative Marine AIO tank recently and I'm trying to figure out the lighting. I'm pretty new to saltwater. I have a NooPsyche K7 PRO III 10 inches above the water line. I've been reading some mixed topics on settings and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on what I should do with my set up. This tank is all soft corals and that's all I want to grow. Mushrooms, leathers, zoas, candy cane, gsp.

Here are my current settings and I'm not sure if I should keep it this way so slowly ramp up more. Welcome any suggestions.


1772893915977.png
1772893824190.png
 
With out some way to measure light all you can really do is start low and increase slowly. I'm terrible at guestimating light so I have a par meter. The k7 is powerful so you'll want to be careful. I had k7 3 pros over a 180g and was getting 300 par on the bottom where I had clams.
 
I have this light over a Waterbox 25. It's a good light for the money and the purple really makes neon colors pop. It's all about finding a mix of colors that is suitable to you and the color of fish you keep. For example, I turned the red up a bit higher a few months ago which makes my clownfish really pop. The main thing is not to make any dramatic changes.

For reference I have mostly soft corals and a few easy to keep lps.
 

Attachments

  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 61
Thanks for sharing your settings. It’s good to know you’re staying around 30%. I was worried I didn’t have it high enough.
 
Thanks for sharing your settings. It’s good to know you’re staying around 30%. I was worried I didn’t have it high enough.
I got better growth from corals with higher settings, but I also got a lot more algae and diatoms. Ha!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new