20 Long Frag Tank Build

  • Thread starter Thread starter bbren98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bbren98

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
54
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

I'm starting a 20 long frag tank and would love to utilize the knowledge in this group. I picked up the tank cleaned it, dried it off, added powerheads and a heater, made some RO and salted it with IO reef crystals. The tank has been cycling for the past few days and I will be adding 10 lbs of live rock rubble today. I did my first tests and my results are as follows.
ALK: 10.05
CA: 440
MG: 1350
PO4: 0
NO3: 1
I am looking for suggestions on inexpensive lighting that can grow everything, preferably a t5 fixture. Also interested in seeing some other frag tanks for some inspiration. Any fish or CUC suggestions are also appreciated.
Thanks and enjoy your Sunday!
 
like $75 I know I can get a deep blue 2 bulb high output fixture for that
 
like $75 I know I can get a deep blue 2 bulb high output fixture for that
Thats pretty tight if you want to grow everything. A 2 bulb t5 with good reflectors and bulbs will grow most softies and lps. But if you want sps/clams it wouldnt be enough imo.
 
The 4 bulb that @Ari21 linked to, on a 20 long, would grow most anything with proper flow and husbandry.
 
Thanks everyone I may just try to do high end zoas until I have the money to really upgrade the light
 
I will probably do that and slowly replace their bulbs with ATI's for $50 I'm not expecting great quality but for that price I just don't think you can go wrong
 
If you are interested in a 24" T5 light I have a Coralife 4 bulb fixture with LED moonlights. Only used it for 8 months, comes with 3 ATI bulbs and 1 10,000k bulb. Bulbs are around 6 months old. $50
 
Thanks for the offer but I always feel more comfortable buying new
 
I had 48" version of this fixture on my planted tank. It has terrible reflector and ballasts are 40W instead 54W. I would rather go with used brand name light then this one
I totally agree.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new