20 ppm sodium silicate

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2017
Messages
2,232
Reaction score
2,573
Location
SoFlo
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidently dozed 2 ml roughly 20 ppm sodium silicate into my tank while distracted.

I was meant to dose .2ml or 2 ppm. Cooking dinner, watching a 2 year old and dosing silicates at the same time not recommended!

Can I let this ride? Or should I mix up a large water change.

It's only a 20 gal aio so maybe 15 or 16 gallons of water total.

Just started dosing to battle sandbed dinos.
 
Awesome. That's exactly what I was hoping you would say.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new