200 Gallon Stocking Thoughts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beef33
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yeah the Tang group is proving to be the hardest and this all makes sense and I knew when starting this project that the max 4' width would limit some of my options / change what I can add.

I would love to have a good group of tangs but it does sound like the convict might not be the best addition as I can do some flow, but enough for such an active swimmer might be a bit to much for everything else. Any thoughts on what you might add over the convict, or just for with the Yellow and the White Tail?
IMO if you added them at the same time at a small size and have ample line of sight breaks you could do another zebrasoma tang (purple, scopas, gem). If you’re looking for tang-shaped fish though, a pyramid butterfly would be cool!! They’re generally more reef safe and hardier than some of the other butterflies. They do have some yellow color overlap, but have that distinctive white and brown too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new