2012 AZ FRAG Info

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCHEDULED 2012 FRAG MEETING DATES/LOCATIONS
FRAG Meetings are from 2:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m
Prankster's Gar and Brill 2 (unless announced otherwise)
7919 E. Thomas Rd. (SW corner of Thomas and Hayden)
Scottsdale, AZ 85251

February 11th
April 14th
June 16th
August 11th

October 13th FRAG-O-WEEN (happening at Dos Juevos)
December 15th Holiday Party

WHAT IS FRAG?
FRAG stands for The Fish, Reef Aquarium Group. It consists of Phoenix (and surrounding areas) based members that meet on a bi-monthly/monthly basis. The AZ FRAG Forum will have a thread prior to every meeting that will announce any special event that may be planned. Those planning on attending are encouraged to list frags for trade/sell with pictures or requests specific frags they are interested in purchasing.

WHAT HAPPENS AT FRAG?
It is a casual meeting where locals and visitors discuss the hobby and trade/sell frags as well as dry goods. Trading is encouraged as it promotes the hobby, the group, and the reefing community at large. FRAG also hosts guest speakers, demonstrations, raffles and various other fun things to do at the meetings.

GROUP BUYS?
The Frag Forum allows us to initiate a group buy. Post if you are interested in placing an online order. This may allow us to obtain a discount and will also help with shipping costs.

MEMBERSHIP FEES?
There are no dues associated with being a member of FRAG however please support the meeting place restaurants as they host our club for no fee. In the event that FRAG needs funds for a special speaker or event, a paypal account may be set up to collect donations and the hat passed at the meets. All voluntary.

NAMETAGS?
Nametags will be created as requested. If you would like FRAG nametag please send a PM to Frick, with your name and screen name. The cost is $2.00 which includes a color lanyard of your choice, a clear badge holder and a print with your information. Your nametag will be available at the meeting following your request, and payment will be collected at that time.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna have to come visit sometime, I can't beg people to get something going in Tucson. On average how many people attend the meetings?

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna have to come visit sometime, I can't beg people to get something going in Tucson. On average how many people attend the meetings?

If i can do anything to help you guys in Tucson let me know. I have seen cities half the size of Tucson with large reef clubs, so it baffles me that there isn't anything bigger going on.

On average I'd say 30 people show, and up to 75 for winter PROP auctions. I am hoping to make it more by having raffles and speakers.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jason, let me know if I can do anything for you guys as well. I can't make the Halloween thing but maybe for the Prop auction in November I can make a run up there. Glad to see you have a forum on R2R!

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jason, let me know if I can do anything for you guys as well. I can't make the Halloween thing but maybe for the Prop auction in November I can make a run up there. Glad to see you have a forum on R2R!

Okay will do, our Decmber Christmas party should have alot of things going so help is always needed. The PROP auction should be huge. So you might want to show up early to get a seat. I will post a thread on with auction details and rules here if you want to sell. We could always use runners and people to help organize.

Thanks for stopping by and don't be a stranger. :)

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this December thing has me interested.... see you 12/15

I definitely will be. There is a November 17th auction as well at Pranksters. There should be tons of nice frags going for cheap.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back