Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is PROP?

In 2004 the Propagators Reef Organization Project was founded. A group of hobbyists banned together, in the name of conservation, to promote captive propagation of corals for the aquarium hobby. PROP's primary mission is to seek out and purchase captive grown coral fragments that have proven to be healthy, colorful and have an excellent survival rate. The secondary mission is to seek out other rare corals with potential. All PROP corals are then grown out and made available through auction to our reefing community.

What are PROP Auctions?

PROP Auctions are held approximately 6 times a year. PROP Frags are sold to the winning bidder with 100% of the sale going to purchase additional PROP Corals. Hobbyists are encouraged to propagate their own corals and auction them at the event with a small sellers fee of 10% to be donated to PROP. Fees are reinvested for coral purchases or donated to FRAG for special events. At no time do the PROP farmers receive money from the sale of PROP corals. ALL expenses incurred by the farmers as a result of caring for the PROP corals are absorbed by each farmer.

2013 PROP Auction Dates

JANUARY 19

MARCH 16

MAY 11

JULY 13

SEPTEMBER 14

NOVEMBER 16

Who are the PROP Farmers?

KIRSTEN
RYAN
KRISTIN
ALAN
ELLIOT

Interested in helping PROP by becoming a Farmer? Please PM one of the above.

This thread is closed and any questions can be addressed in another thread.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back