20k helios vs 20k Radiums

  • Thread starter Thread starter I-K@ndY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
3,561
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the comparison of bulbs.. 1st pics are the Mother colony sitting on a 23x250w DE helios bulb .. The 2nd one are in my cube which has 1x400wRadiums :).. I noticed that the one's on the 20k helios is more lighter and the one's from the Radium has more deeper colors... just sharing ..

20k helios 180g
032copy.jpg


Radiums 90g Cube
003copy.jpg



20k helios 180g
035copy.jpg


20k Radiums 90g Cube
059copy.jpg
 
great comparison, I agree with the Helios looking lighter, I run 250w 20K Helios and wish they made a DE 250w Radium
 
great comparison, I agree with the Helios looking lighter, I run 250w 20K Helios and wish they made a DE 250w Radium
That would be nice for sure...

Are there any other lights in those pics like t5's or actinics?

J both pics are no actinics..Thats also the reason why I switch to 20k so I can get away of not running my T5's with MH...
 
great comparison, I agree with the Helios looking lighter, I run 250w 20K Helios and wish they made a DE 250w Radium
Same here. I also run the helios. I like them but the pics I see with people running radiums look so good.

Steve what ballast are you using with your radiums?
 
J I am running the Lumantek ballast?.. Buy the way got pics of your Pink Lemonade? ;)
 
Great comparison shots Steve and thanks for sharing your findings! I run the 250 20K Radiums and love them! Can't wait for my sticks to grow up and hopefully look like yours some day ;)
 
Thank you guys.. Hopefully I can snap more pics to compare..

Sara- with your set up it will color up for sure :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new