20K Lokani & 30K Lokani ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter seaheard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seaheard

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the distinguishing differences between 20k and 30k Lokani?
 
I have a frag of each, and unfortunately I've forgotten which is which. I can say they look different. One is just purple, the other has blues, and almost a hint of green tint, mixed in with the purple.
 
The 20K is purple with green undertones. The 30K is deep blue with greenish undertones
 
Yes also the 20k is harder to keep alot more sensitive and more picky in tank placement.
 
Here was my 30k I got from live aquaria. My understanding is the 20k has more green base color where the 30k is more cream base color. I unfortunately lost it in a tank crash last year.

IMG_2010.jpg
 
Hmm, this is my 30k league frag which is all purple and a hint of blue.

Left is the Purple Monster, Middle is the 30k league, and right is the setosa.

feb-5532.jpg
 
20k gets much more solid purple over the 30k.

30k grows much faster than the 20k.

30k is more thin branched open structured vs the 20k more thick clustered branch.


thats the difference I'm able to tell between my two pieces.
 
Nice, I really like that 30k lokani. The purple with cream base really gives it a unique look....guess its time to lurk on LA again :)
 
I have the purple version..................don't have direct lineage to the named piece but I could care less. These are hard to find. Growth is verrrry slow.
lokani frags 051825.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new