210 Gallon Build

SaltySteven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally about to begin my journey. I have ordered my new 210 gallon Aqueon with dual internal overflows. I will be documenting this extensively and while i dont have much yet just wanted to begin this thread. VERY excited to build this tank. Its something i have wanted for years now.

OP
OP
SaltySteven

SaltySteven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of you may not know but I have recently gone through a very rough time in my life. In that process I tore down my first tank which on the day of the tear down turned two. It has been over 4 months for me without a tank and it has been really sad. That said it is time for a fresh start!

After a great deal of stress, anxiety, and a bit of depression… I have emerged stronger. About a month back I decided it was time to get back in and what better than a brand new 210 gallon to do it with. The tank order was placed and I began my wait. A couple of weeks back I was notified that it had arrived. However due to work and travel picking it up would have to wait.

Yesterday I picked it up and finally brought it home. I decided the easiest way to get it in the house was to take the railing off my deck in one section and back straight up to it.
IMG_2051.jpeg
IMG_2052.jpeg
IMG_2053.jpeg
IMG_2054.jpeg

My dad then swung by today to help me scoot the thing out of the truck and onto a couple of carts and wheel it into my house. After getting it into the living room and standing back to enjoy the view I am so excited for what is to come!
IMG_2059.jpeg

Shout out to Reef Collective out of New Brighton Minnesota for this sweet tank!

Next is the build of the stand which I hope to begin over the next few weeks.

I plan to use the knowledge gained over the last couple of years from the some wonderful friends, research on this forum, a crap ton of YouTube videos, and some very expensive lessons of trial and error I have learned along the way.

That said I need some advice, will 2 MP-60’s be adequate flow for this tank? I’m also considering a pair of Maxspect Gyres as another option instead. 330s or 350s? Advice anyone?

Also heroes anyone have experience with the Maxspect Jump SK400 or SK800? Which would be the proper size for me? I plan to do a mixed reef. I’m thinking the 400 is correct? Again all advice welcome.

I am open to suggestions for flow and skimming that I have not named as well.

Thank you in advance… HAPPY REEFING!!!

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am following can’t wait to see how this turns out

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back