210 Gallon Reef Build Questions

kangadrew

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2015
Messages
246
Reaction score
113
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so my grandparents are retiring very soon, and have decided they want to get a pair of aquariums in their house. They have both kept aquariums before, but nothing over 100 gallons. They have kept a reef aquarium, countless freshwater aquariums, and 2 FOWLR aquariums. They haven't had a tank for nearly 12 years though, so they asked me to help them get the tanks (I'm going to be posting another thread like this one, but for a 60 gallon).
Some basic information about the tank is it's a 210 gallon, fully cycled for about 3 months with LR, live sand, and a fuge in the 55 gallon sump. Lots of lighting. I can answer any more questions about it, but I don't want this post to be too huge. They don't travel too much, maybe once every 2 months for 4 or 5 days at a time, and I have cousins that can take care of the tank during that time (also very experienced reefers).
So basically, I've created a stock list that I believe to be compatible, but I just want some feedback on it. Starting with corals (I didn't list amounts, but I'd be glad to):
  • Acans
  • Zoanthids
  • Mushrooms
  • Ricordea
  • Montipora
  • Meteor Shower Coral
  • Leather Coral
  • Toadstool
  • Polyps
  • Chalice Corals/Cup Chalice
  • Green Slimer
  • Plate Coral
  • Bird's Nest Coral
  • Flower Pot Coral
  • Duncans
  • Bubble Coral
  • Candy Cane Coral
  • Torch Coral
  • Hammer Coral
  • Frogspawn
And then onto inverts/CUC:
  • (2) Sea Apples
  • Black Spiny Urchin
  • (2) Tube Anemone
  • (3) Long Tentacle Anemone
  • (2) Maxi-Mini Carpet Anemone
  • Normal Carpet Anemone
  • Spiny Blue Lobster
  • Tiger Tail Sea Cucumber
  • Starfish (something like a purple linckia, if that exists)
  • Sand Sifting Starfish
  • Emerald Crab
  • (2) Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
  • (212) Dwarf Cerith Snail
  • (51) Nassarius Snail
  • (69) Florida Cerith Snail
  • (55) Nerite Snail
  • (45) Assorted Hermit Crab
  • (20) Scarlet Hermit Crab
  • Queen Conch
And finally, the fish list:
  • Midas Blenny
  • (2) Clown Fairy Wrasse
  • (2) True Percula Clownfish
  • Niger Triggerfish
  • Firefish
  • Flame Angelfish
  • Yellow Tang
  • Six Line Wrasse
  • Sunset Wrasse
  • (8) Orange Anthias
  • Lamarck's Angelfish
  • Blonde Naso Tang
  • Melanurus Wrasse
  • (2) Scissortail Dartfish
  • (3) Yellow Damselfish
  • Foxface Rabbitfish
  • Blue Devil Damselfish
  • Neon Dottyback
  • Orange Stripe Prawn Goby
That's the stock list that they like. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions of give you guys any information that you need to make your job a little bit easier. Thanks a bunch guys!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new