210 Stocking Help

Gator0930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting a 210 gallon tank as an upgrade to my current reef tank. It will be a reef tank. I want it to be moderately stocked. I do not want it to be heavily stocked. I want to get a list that I am pretty sure will work because of order of adding and such.
1x Pacific Angel (Dwarf)
3x Barlett's Anthias (Hopefully School)
1x MacNeil's Basslet
1x Tail Spot Blenny
1x Mexican Barnacle Blenny
2x Goby & Pistol Shrimp Pair
1x Tiger Jawfish
1x Bicolor Rabbitfish
1x White Tail Bristletooth Tang
1x Yellow Tail Purple Tang - Red Sea
1x Lubocks Wrasse
1x Melanaris Wrasse
1x Brunneus Wrasse
1x Linneatus Wrasse
1x Leopard Wrasse

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Have you done the research on each fish as per size per gallon yet? I have a 240 which is even bigger, (Yes I have more tangs) but I have only 14 and I’m already at my max once they grow full size. Yes they have tons of room now because they are small.

Not sure if these will be all new fish transferring over, or adding to the mix. The angel you have now, doesn’t seem to pick at your coroals now, but In a whole new tank with more competition from other fish, those corals may look pretty tasty. Having my 240 as a full mixed reef, catching a fish is not easy in those big tanks. Even with a fish trap, I caught usually the ones I didn’t need to and released them.

I would honestly do a bio research on each fish, and see what they need long term. In addition sometimes transferring fish into a new tank does not always go as well as some say. It can very easily stress any one of them out and you could get an out break, especially in a brand new setup that has not fully matured yet.

When I went from a 125 to my 240, I used all the live rock and water and sand. I cleaned the sand with salt water, washed all the rock off with salt water, and then added new base rock and more live sand and nsw. My tank still took 8 weeks to properly cycle. I would just suggest some research and two game plans before you set this in motion.

OP
OP
G

Gator0930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Have you done the research on each fish as per size per gallon yet? I have a 240 which is even bigger, (Yes I have more tangs) but I have only 14 and I’m already at my max once they grow full size. Yes they have tons of room now because they are small.

Not sure if these will be all new fish transferring over, or adding to the mix. The angel you have now, doesn’t seem to pick at your coroals now, but In a whole new tank with more competition from other fish, those corals may look pretty tasty. Having my 240 as a full mixed reef, catching a fish is not easy in those big tanks. Even with a fish trap, I caught usually the ones I didn’t need to and released them.

I would honestly do a bio research on each fish, and see what they need long term. In addition sometimes transferring fish into a new tank does not always go as well as some say. It can very easily stress any one of them out and you could get an out break, especially in a brand new setup that has not fully matured yet.

When I went from a 125 to my 240, I used all the live rock and water and sand. I cleaned the sand with salt water, washed all the rock off with salt water, and then added new base rock and more live sand and nsw. My tank still took 8 weeks to properly cycle. I would just suggest some research and two game plans before you set this in motion.

Thank you for your help. How do you have 14 tangs that do not fight? Where do you find the research you suggest? I have not been able to find this type of information.

OP
OP
G

Gator0930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting a 210 gallon tank as an upgrade to my current reef tank. It will be a reef tank. I want it to be moderately stocked. I do not want it to be heavily stocked. I want to get a list that I am pretty sure will work because of order of adding and such.
1x Pacific Angel (Dwarf)
5x Barlett's Anthias (Hopefully School)
1x MacNeil's Basslet
2x Tail Spot Blenny
1x Mexican Barnacle Blenny
1x Mated Goby & Pistol Shrimp Pair
1x Mottled Jawfish
1x Bicolor Rabbitfish
1x White Tail Bristletooth Tang
1x Lubocks Wrasse
1x Melanaris Wrasse
1x Brunneus Wrasse
1x Linneatus Wrasse
1x Leopard Wrasse
1x Golden Semilarvatus Butterfly Fish

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I don’t have all tangs I have a blue hippo tang, Naso, Lt tang, tommini tang and purple tang. I then have two mated clowns, a bellus angel which is reef safe, and 7 blue green chromies. So I have 14 fish and I’m at max capacity and only five of them are tangs :).

I would do basic research online or library or local aquarium. Just look up the species and sub species names and read about them, and learn all you can. A 210 is a big tank but your putting in 20 fish roughly. It would work until they get larger, when I stocked my 240 I stocked as if all my fish have reached max size, and I still think I’m over a tad with only 14.

Az reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the angel in my current reef tank and he has not touched coral yet. If he does then he will go, but for now I want to transfer him over
That is whay Im trying to trap my coral beauty. He was fine for a year and a half, and went rogue for sps. As far as your list of fish, add the smaller delicate fish first to let them get established. Then your basslets and anthias and wrasses. Tangs last. Adding in small groups will help to ease into the bioload of the tank. Good luck with your build, hope to see some photos when its done!

OP
OP
G

Gator0930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is whay Im trying to trap my coral beauty. He was fine for a year and a half, and went rogue for sps. As far as your list of fish, add the smaller delicate fish first to let them get established. Then your basslets and anthias and wrasses. Tangs last. Adding in small groups will help to ease into the bioload of the tank. Good luck with your build, hope to see some photos when its done!

Thanx for all the help and your stock list. That helps.

OP
OP
G

Gator0930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I don’t have all tangs I have a blue hippo tang, Naso, Lt tang, tommini tang and purple tang. I then have two mated clowns, a bellus angel which is reef safe, and 7 blue green chromies. So I have 14 fish and I’m at max capacity and only five of them are tangs :).

I would do basic research online or library or local aquarium. Just look up the species and sub species names and read about them, and learn all you can. A 210 is a big tank but your putting in 20 fish roughly. It would work until they get larger, when I stocked my 240 I stocked as if all my fish have reached max size, and I still think I’m over a tad with only 14.

Ok. Take out he pacific angel and melanaris wrasse and add a pair of angels (Spotbreast, Watanabei, Bellus, or Masked Swallowtail). Would i want to add these before or after the tang? What do you think of this bio load?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back