21ledusa lighting for biocube question!!

alvssaxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 12” 453nm Actinic blue reef bars from 21ledusa.com to add more lighting to my biocube 32. I was wondering if anyone can help me with the intensity to start with and how often to ramp them up and how much I should each time? I hope this makes since. I just don’t want to upset or kill any corals and want to start this out right. TIA

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd probably try to match your existing lighting schedule with similar ramp-up/ramp-down times. In terms of intensity, you could try starting at 25% (0-25% max) and then gradually increase 5-10% per week depending on how your corals do.

This is easier to figure out with a PAR meter, but I'm assuming you don't have access to one.

OP
OP
alvssaxo

alvssaxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd probably try to match your existing lighting schedule with similar ramp-up/ramp-down times. In terms of intensity, you could try starting at 25% (0-25% max) and then gradually increase 5-10% per week depending on how your corals do.

This is easier to figure out with a PAR meter, but I'm assuming you don't have access to one.
I don’t. I wish I did. I figured I would do 5% weekly for the first month then 10% a week after that for intensity. Someone did give me this photo for reference tho. Red numbers are before the led bars, and blue numbers are after adding the bars at 100%

3F648649-D4F4-475C-9AFA-E95CC51BC338.jpeg

Bonsai Ron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t. I wish I did. I figured I would do 5% weekly for the first month then 10% a week after that for intensity. Someone did give me this photo for reference tho. Red numbers are before the led bars, and blue numbers are after adding the bars at 100%

3F648649-D4F4-475C-9AFA-E95CC51BC338.jpeg
What is a g530?

Bonsai Ron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 12” 453nm Actinic blue reef bars from 21ledusa.com to add more lighting to my biocube 32. I was wondering if anyone can help me with the intensity to start with and how often to ramp them up and how much I should each time? I hope this makes since. I just don’t want to upset or kill any corals and want to start this out right. TIA
I thought they were longer than 12 inches?

neub72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, what did you figure out? I just purchased one 12" blue actinic and the sunsetter control from 21led. I am trying to get the best coral growth as well as being pleasing to the eyes. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
alvssaxo

alvssaxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, what did you figure out? I just purchased one 12" blue actinic and the sunsetter control from 21led. I am trying to get the best coral growth as well as being pleasing to the eyes. Any suggestions?
the sunsetter from 21led was terrible. had a lot of malfunctions. i ended up getting one off amazon and haven’t had any more problems. it was cheap too! the reef bars were a great purchase tho, i’m still happy with them.
IMG_4159.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back