ReefBars from 21LEDUSA

TarheelGrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at the ReefBars from 21LEDUSA for my Biocube 32 as a replacement for the stock lights. I am thinking of getting 2 of the 2:1 12000K:453nm and 2 of the 453nm bars (All 4 12" to fit under the hood.) The full blend would end up 2:1 Blue:12000k LEDs (21 Diodes per bar.) I feel it would give me the a good bit of light at the blue color band with the 12000k lights hitting the rest of the spectrum. I see good reviews from most of the reefers here and other boards for what looks to be a good budget lighting solution. However I would expect to see more people using the lights based on the reviews. Is the lack of spectrum flexibility or mobile control keeping this solution from a majority of the community looking for budget solutions?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at the ReefBars from 21LEDUSA for my Biocube 32 as a replacement for the stock lights. I am thinking of getting 2 of the 2:1 12000K:453nm and 2 of the 453nm bars (All 4 12" to fit under the hood.) The full blend would end up 2:1 Blue:12000k LEDs (21 Diodes per bar.) I feel it would give me the a good bit of light at the blue color band with the 12000k lights hitting the rest of the spectrum. I see good reviews from most of the reefers here and other boards for what looks to be a good budget lighting solution. However I would expect to see more people using the lights based on the reviews. Is the lack of spectrum flexibility or mobile control keeping this solution from a majority of the community looking for budget solutions?
They aren't a company dedicated to Aquarium products. I ran two of their ReefBarPro Blue Heavy bars on my Evo and it gave much better results than the previous lights I tried. There's no App and the controller is very basic, so I imagine the community doesn't see it as an "endgame" light. But I think as a supplemental light, it would work great for a biocube.

OP
OP
TarheelGrey

TarheelGrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a light under the Biocube hood. The reefbars claim to be waterproof. I also don't like the 'budget' shopping sites like wish/ali/temu. I certainly like to save money where I can, but my wife and I have been burned by those sites and the quality of the items and the customer service/returns.

OP
OP
TarheelGrey

TarheelGrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct that I am looking to keep the hood, but I'm hoping to replace the stock lights completely (I don't like the amount of white in the full lights) Thats why I was looking for 4 bars. Im looking to take out everything under the light shield and mount the new lights to the top of the lid.

OP
OP
TarheelGrey

TarheelGrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering the AI Blades (Grow) as they would also fit under the hood and are water proof/resistance. But the reviews are pretty mixed and it looks like I would get better PAR and flexibility with 21LED. I would gain the App flexibility and limited spectrum flexibility, for about $50 more (Sunsetter + Power + 4 12" lights are ~ $100), but I can add fixtures to 21LED solution if I need more light.

Does the Light mix sound reasonable? Should I go half and half 12000K and Blue instead of my current thoughts of 2 blue for every 1 12000K? I don't want to go full blue because that is a very limited spectrum.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do the ReefBars, I'd go Pro with 2x Blue Heavy and a 50/50. Add in the Sunsetter controller and dial them in accordingly.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had them under the lid of my Biocube for over a year and a half and worked well for what I wanted to accomplish.
B3694427-A91D-47A4-8C6E-9A5E9D542B34.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back