OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'll start this post by saying that I do really like the new job and the people I am working with. However I'm going to go stir crazy. Without going into a massive amount of detail, I work on/manage a shop that builds and repairs a type of pump. I did the same thing at the previous job, and basically went to a competitor. Problem is the old shop we worked on 150-200 a month and this shop is currently doing 30-40. I thought I would enjoy that part for a little while until we get busier. Instead it's driving me crazy!!!!

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'll start this post by saying that I do really like the new job and the people I am working with. However I'm going to go stir crazy. Without going into a massive amount of detail, I work on/manage a shop that builds and repairs a type of pump. I did the same thing at the previous job, and basically went to a competitor. Problem is the old shop we worked on 150-200 a month and this shop is currently doing 30-40. I thought I would enjoy that part for a little while until we get busier. Instead it's driving me crazy!!!!
Those must be some very special pumps - hang in there @mch1984 !

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At a minimum decrease of roughly 300% output, it's probably going to be a while before you're at the level you've grown accustomed to handling. Will they allow or encourage you to learn other aspects of the business?

Yes, the good 'ol pump jack. Is the new shop doing more new builds or repairs? Are these mostly damaged by overpumping?

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they will and I’m also using the spare time to learn their procedures and things like that. Also using it to change the way some things are done, nothing massive but some small things. Also in the next few months I will have a second shop to watch out for. That will help add some load and occupy time. The two shops will be about a 45 min drive apart so I’m sure that will help.

Really a good mix between the two. There are a few forms of artificial lift, the beam system (pumpjack, rods, rod pump) used to be the primary form. Now that a lot of producers have changed to drilling horizontal wells instead of the conventional vertical other forms of artificial lift are becoming more prevalent. Eventually the production decline curve will force them to return to beam systems, but for now new wells being completed are not making as big of a positive impact on pump shops. Used to wells were drilled and automatically put on beam, but beam is limited to the maximum amount of fluid produced and so they can’t use it at first.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait until winter to buy. Much better prices.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait until winter to buy. Much better prices.
I may, I'm going after a very particular thing. The guide had a flat bottom plastic hull and a jet motor. I like that option because we were going down the river and sometimes there was only about 6" of water and that boat had no problem. The big bass boats are really nice but I like the versatility that one had.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may, I'm going after a very particular thing. The guide had a flat bottom plastic hull and a jet motor. I like that option because we were going down the river and sometimes there was only about 6" of water and that boat had no problem. The big bass boats are really nice but I like the versatility that one had.
You of course know the two best days of a boat owners life right?

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993, I have fallen off the exercise wagon but the wife are about to settle in and get serious. My new job offers a free nutrition coach, and we are both going to sign up. I figure if we are going through the trouble of that we will get serious about working out as well. Plus the new job as me in the shop more and tearing down pumps more, so that helps getting out of the office and sweating.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993, I have fallen off the exercise wagon but the wife are about to settle in and get serious. My new job offers a free nutrition coach, and we are both going to sign up. I figure if we are going through the trouble of that we will get serious about working out as well. Plus the new job as me in the shop more and tearing down pumps more, so that helps getting out of the office and sweating.

That's fantastic! I've never heard of a job offering a nutrition coach and think it's a great idea. As you know, I fell off the wagon and burned it a while ago now. You may have given me inspiration to build a new wagon!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 134 74.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back