Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time:
not sure if the lights were really the problem with the current sps in the tank. I haven’t mentioned this before but I noticed my tank having these days where one moment it looks incredible with crystal clear water and the next being cloudy with the glass having a film on it. Ended up writing a post about it to see if there was anyone that could help and turns out I had very low nutrients in the tank. Nitrates were undetectable and phosphate was .02ppm. Thanks to @Chlorinated for being super helpful and going over in detail on what I should do. I started dosing brightwell neonitro yesterday and will be taking it slow and updating everyone with the process. We shall see how things go over the next couple weeks.

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update since starting the dosing. Frogspawn looks fat and happy. I think I’m getting a little more color out of the corals that were pale but tough to say since it’s only been a 4 days. I would think it’ll take a few weeks of dosing nitrates and phosphates. My nitrates jumped to 26.3 so I’m not going to dose anymore today as I was doing 10ml a day. Phosphates randomly bottomed out today again at .003pm so I went ahead and dosed 2.2ml again with the hope that since I didn’t dose nitrate it will hopefully rise a little. Will most like check just phosphate tomorrow.
B4CCBBCE-DA21-4908-9F80-303ABB4922C8.jpeg
6BFD00E8-43D5-4766-BFBA-BB7262DDD368.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back