220g rimless with stand for 2k? What??

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That has been the standard in aquarium building since the first tank was built.
Look at Custom Aquariums web site. They list the common standard gallon size, then the actual gallon volume. Some are different as much as 40 gallons. Just the way its always been.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish all of these tank makers would go to the external overflow. RS, WB, this one, and a few others out there all use the internal overflow. The #1 thing forcing me to go custom.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish all of these tank makers would go to the external overflow. RS, WB, this one, and a few others out there all use the internal overflow. The #1 thing forcing me to go custom.
I know their site says they do custom. You might check it out.

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the external overflow. When it came down to it decided to save a ton a money to put towards other items and go with the internal overflow box as this hopefully won't be my last tank :). This is my first build from scratch so once I get this up and going for a few years then start looking/building the "dream tank" as BRS would say.....

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Innovative marine has external overflows, so does SCA aquariums. SCA has 150g rimless Starfire external drilled for $999

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative marine has external overflows, so does SCA aquariums. SCA has 150g rimless Starfire external drilled for $999
I've looked at SCA. I'm looking for a 200+ gallon DT. I know that presents its own challenges with rimless. I'm quoting several custom now. I would probably go with RS or WB if they were external overflows just for the convenience factor.

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I've looked at SCA. I'm looking for a 200+ gallon DT. I know that presents its own challenges with rimless. I'm quoting several custom now. I would probably go with RS or WB if they were external overflows just for the convenience factor.
Get a quote from SCA. They do custom tanks too

NanoBoxes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope someone does a build thread on this. The online imagery & documentation on Live Aquaria is pretty amatuer. Manufacturer site is a little better. For the price, this looks pretty good. I like the aluminum frame and glass panel stand. CADE does something similar.
Pretty sure Reef Builders Jake Adams did a vlog on his site about these tanks.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria is dirt cheap, not sure why (crazy cheap if it includes shipping), couple hundred less than what I paid at Reefapalooza Chicago.

3/4 glass, its seem nice and clear.

Cause they expect you to fill it with their fish and corals ;)

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish one of these companies would make a lagoon at this length and width but only half the height.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other thing I worry about...
If a company like Red Sea is having structural issues with a tank this long how will companies charging less for a similar product manage to build them with any better strength or quality? Also, does the live aquaria company give a guarantee on the tank to not bust a seam or have the stand fail.
Because that's A LOT of water to get on your floor and it could pretty much total some houses.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back