25 Gallon cube stocking

brichard925

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the following work for a 25 gallon cube with mainly softies?

Two clowns
One banggai
Firefish
Royal gramma

Peppermint shrimp/sexy shrimp

Anything else I should add? Just a beginner and want fish that are fun to watch and look at. Thanks!

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of thoughts: Clowns may be hit or miss after they’ve matured in terms of their aggressiveness towards others.

Firefish may always be hiding except for feeding time (so depends on how much you want a fish that you may not see too often). Depends though on the personality of the fish.

Other one to consider is a Pink Streaked Wrasse.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Two clowns
One banggai
Firefish
Royal gramma

Anything else I should add? Just a beginner and want fish that are fun to watch and look at. Thanks!
Royal gramma might be a little big for that tank, but should do fine.

One thing, if you are going to get firefish, MAKE SURE you have a lid. If not, you will come home and see them out of the tank. They jump very commonly, and don't last long out of the water.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be wary of Banggai cardinals right now. There is a fairly widespread issue with them suffering from an Iridovirus; unless you can source a captive bred one that has never been exposed to wild caught species. I had one die on me suddenly a week after adding them. They’re beautiful fish but also somewhat boring and lacking in personality.

Royal Grammas also have a reputation for being aggressive so May want to add that one last.

I can’t recommend a Tailspot Blenny enough, they are hilarious with tons of personality.

Some other options would be a goby/pistol shrimp pair and a pink streaked wrasse.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it looks like a good list of peaceful colourful fish. Its always hit or miss, but for the most part these are safe choices. I would not put more than 5 fish into a 25 gallon.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Two clowns
One banggai
Firefish
Royal gramma

Ya, 5 fish will work with those fish. I agree with @Fishy Guy tail spot blennys have a great personality and as mentioned the pink streak wrasse is nice peaceful fish. It comes down to your personal preference. Best of luck.

OP
OP
B

brichard925

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be wary of Banggai cardinals right now. There is a fairly widespread issue with them suffering from an Iridovirus; unless you can source a captive bred one that has never been exposed to wild caught species. I had one die on me suddenly a week after adding them. They’re beautiful fish but also somewhat boring and lacking in personality.

Royal Grammas also have a reputation for being aggressive so May want to add that one last.

I can’t recommend a Tailspot Blenny enough, they are hilarious with tons of personality.

Some other options would be a goby/pistol shrimp pair and a pink streaked wrasse.
Would I be able to do the clownfish cardinal and the blenny with a pistol shrimp goby pair?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I be able to do the clownfish cardinal and the blenny with a pistol shrimp goby pair?
Yes, here is my blenny.
765079BA-466A-4E57-9426-7080F2CD5914.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back