250Watt DE MH suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter chefmike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chefmike

Cooking with corals
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
123
Reaction score
1
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is time to replace my MH bulbs...I would like a little input from you guys.

I have a 250watt DE fixture. I definitely want to go 20K but would like input about which brand.
 
Ballasts make a big difference in the equation. I've been around the block with 250w DE, and using IceCap ballasts I always come back to Ushio 20k bulbs...
 
I am using the ballasts that came with my Current fixture...not sure what type they are...probably not the best ones:squigglemouth:
 
what ballast are you using? Ushios won't fire with the correct color temp on all ballasts.
 
If you want 20K - I would go with Ushio 20K. I have run those off M80 HQI ballasts and liked the blue color they gave.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new