Miami‘s Clam and SPS Tank

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a shoal of chromis so much. I gave up after losing so many. Now I find myself feeling bad for Jeff.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a shoal of chromis so much. I gave up after losing so many. Now I find myself feeling bad for Jeff.
I’d love a shoal of chromis, especially in a large reef tank where you can have the potential for acros that are 2’ across. I feel like it would be stunning to watch them dive throughout the coral, especially if you could replicate the tidal waves in captivity.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite finishing their antibiotics treatment, I noticed that 1 has developed tail rot and another has a ripped tail. (These are still alive)

CC2FAFF8-41BE-410C-A2F7-FA23B04CFDB0.jpeg

They definitely needed to go to the DT. It was my mistake for keeping them in QT for so long.

In the future I will only QT 1 or 2 chromis at a time if I don’t have a larger fish in the QT tank with them.
Hopefully it comes through, do you think you could try have another “large” or medium fish (Or even just a couple damsels with them could give them a reason to shoal) if these guys don’t make it?

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully tomorrow…

JUST KIDDING!! :p

Morning update: The chromis with the tail bacteria infection healed overnight! The chromis are schooling together. No attacking nor bickering.

This is a super ugly photo, and I apologize in advance. lol

D87718C5-B958-4EF1-9C16-CB4CD8981D6F.jpeg

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully tomorrow…

Morning update: The chromis with the tail bacteria infection healed overnight! The chromis are schooling together. No attacking nor bickering.

They look bigger than I expected.

Really cool :star-struck:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully tomorrow…

Don’t think I missed that lamarcki sneaking in! All of them are stunning!

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the cabinet work coming?
Funny you mention this today. Today is the first day of the work inside my house! He’s scraping the paint off the current cabinetry. He says by this week the frame and bottom doors will be completed, the following week the top doors will be done (that means it’s going to be fully completed by next week)

Also, I bought 3 anthias on Sunday (they are my dream fish). As soon as my LFS gets more I’m snatching them all (10+ is the goal) they will call me tomorrow.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you mention this today. Today is the first day of the work inside my house! He’s scraping the paint off the current cabinetry. He says by this week the frame and bottom doors will be completed, the following week the top doors will be done (that means it’s going to be fully completed by next week)

Also, I bought 3 anthias on Sunday (they are my dream fish). As soon as my LFS gets more I’m snatching them all (10+ is the goal) they will call me tomorrow.
Sounds like a great day!

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday’s job. Notice how the paint on the bottom has been effectively scraped off for the new coat of paint to go on. Everything is going so well with the tank. It’s finally going to be completed and nobody will know what goes on “behind the scenes”.

480C49B1-2242-4F4A-B603-3AFF46CB7242.jpeg

Nobody deserves to see the color of my skimmate but myself.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday’s job. Notice how the paint on the bottom has been effectively scraped off for the new coat of paint to go on. Everything is going so well with the tank. It’s finally going to be completed and nobody will know what goes on “behind the scenes”.

480C49B1-2242-4F4A-B603-3AFF46CB7242.jpeg

Nobody deserves to see the color of my skimmate but myself.
“Nobody” haha

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Your carpenter knows nothing around the sump right? Hmm if I had guys working so close to my tank I'd put up plastic or cover the tanks with 4mm plastic for debris or particulates. I guess its wood so it's probably fine. (I drill my hood above my tank and let the sawdust fall into he tank without issue so far. Have even drilled above my sump.)

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your carpenter knows nothing around the sump right? Hmm if I had guys working so close to my tank I'd put up plastic or cover the tanks with 4mm plastic for debris or particulates. I guess its wood so it's probably fine. (I drill my hood above my tank and let the sawdust fall into he tank without issue so far. Have even drilled above my sump.)
That’s a good idea, thanks! :)

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is what we’re up to:

B0C9E896-86C8-407E-8BAE-83A947A9188F.jpeg

The carpenter said it should be fully completed by next week. I’m really happy with the way it’s starting to come out! I just wish I could remove the paper so I can enjoy my tank for the weekend, but there’s wet paint and I don’t want to mess anything up, so I guess I’ll just leave it alone.

It’s a good thing I bought a lot of new fish in QT yesterday. ;)

(you guys don’t know about that yet.) ;) ;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%

Back