Miami‘s Clam and SPS Tank

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a good thing I bought a lot of new fish in QT yesterday. ;)

(you guys don’t know about that yet.) ;) ;)
schitts creek what GIF by CBC

I’m listening…..

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Letsee...

Fully-stocked bar ... ✔
Massive fish tank ... ✔
Couch for relaxing ... ✔

I think you have it covered! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
You can thank my Russian family for that. :confounded-face: :expressionless-face:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
21EEE413-C442-47A4-9436-6E4F8C8C2F7D.jpeg
There’s a total of 7 anthias in there.
Those pyramids are stunning! I’m surprised you didn’t go for more in such a large tank as they look even better in groups.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those pyramids are stunning! I’m surprised you didn’t go for more in such a large tank as they look even better in groups.
That’s all my LFS had. I’ve been waiting a few weeks for them. I can always add more in the future. :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s all my LFS had. I’ve been waiting a few weeks for them. I can always add more in the future. :)
That’s true! Hopefully you do go for more in the future if you have room as a group of fully grown pyramids could look stunning in your tank.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I closed my coral QT and turned it into a fish QT.

Maintaining a 260 gallon tank, a 20 gallon coral QT, and a (previous) 10 gallon fish QT was very challenging and kind of overwhelming since I need to put my best effort in water quality for each tank. A lot of testing and managing happens in each of the tanks. Especially since I enjoying torturing myself with the most challenging fish and corals to keep in a QT lol.

I planned on first finishing to stock the tank with fish and then I can keep a coral QT long term. Much less stressful and I can ensure everything gets the attention they deserve.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I closed my coral QT and turned it into a fish QT.

Maintaining a 260 gallon tank, a 20 gallon coral QT, and a (previous) 10 gallon fish QT was very challenging and kind of overwhelming since I need to put my best effort in water quality for each tank. A lot of testing and managing happens in each of the tanks. Especially since I enjoying torturing myself with the most challenging fish and corals to keep in a QT lol.

I planned on first finishing to stock the tank with fish and then I can keep a coral QT long term. Much less stressful and I can ensure everything gets the attention they deserve.
Smart! Sounds like a good plan.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, famous last words my friend! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Finishing the Fish Stock”… Just you wait and you’ll think you’re finished until you find another 30 fish you want haha.
Oh I know I'm not done... at least with non-tangs, anyway. I'm headed down to my LFS shortly to check out the new arrivals...

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I know I'm not done... at least with non-tangs, anyway. I'm headed down to my LFS shortly to check out the new arrivals...
I’m still trying to squeeze a final fish into the tank haha. Don’t know whether to go for one specific pairing or a similar pairing with a different fish.
I kind of said the last fish would be my flasher wrasse. Didn’t last long though.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I’m still trying to squeeze a final fish into the tank haha. Don’t know whether to go for one specific pairing or a similar pairing with a different fish.
This is always a coin toss, along with the "will one more fish tip the balance in my peaceful reef?"...

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is always a coin toss, along with the "will one more fish tip the balance in my peaceful reef?"...
It’s more in terms of what I’d prefer, as I’ve only seen this specific pairing with one species of fish and one species of shrimp.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back