265 gallon Mixed Reef New Build

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been playing with saltwater tanks since 1987 and wanted to share a new build thread since I just relocated and started this tank December 3, 2015.

The gear:
Marineland 265 gallon tank
Reef Octopus 150 INT skinner
Bubble Magnus 3 channel doser for acropower, trace element and coral feeding
UV sterilizer
Tsunami sump with refugium reverse daylight setup
Aqua medic calcium reactor
Biopellet reactor
Carbon and GFO reactors
2 ecotech MP 40s
1 XF 150 gyre
3 ecotech 30 pro lights
Puratek Insight 24/7 with ATO

DSCN0739.JPG

DSCN0741.JPG

DSCN0742.JPG

DSCN0744.JPG

DSCN0748.JPG

OP
OP
Sharvey103

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well folks after only 5 months of operation the bottom seam gave way on this Marineland tank. My lfs and service company clearly identified a manufacturing defect. Really hoping Marineland will man up and do the right this since this was my dream build and final tank to go into retirement with. Lost all the fish and several corals. Not to mention the damage to the house. Wish me luck that Marineland does the right thing and I can get started again soon. I will keep you posted on the Marineland response.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well folks after only 5 months of operation the bottom seam gave way on this Marineland tank. My lfs and service company clearly identified a manufacturing defect. Really hoping Marineland will man up and do the right this since this was my dream build and final tank to go into retirement with. Lost all the fish and several corals. Not to mention the damage to the house. Wish me luck that Marineland does the right thing and I can get started again soon. I will keep you posted on the Marineland response.

Good grief ...... Sorry for your loss [emoji22] sending you lots of prayers !

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man. Sorry for the troubles. Was there last year with a ELos XL160.

Was looking at a 265 until today. Guess Marineland is off my list.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Oh dang I am so sorry! Not the first I have heard of this happening with these tanks! @Mike&Terry wasn't yours a Marineland that gave way?

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh dang I am so sorry! Not the first I have heard of this happening with these tanks! @Mike&Terry wasn't yours a Marineland that gave way?
Yes it was Rev.

@Sharvey103 So sorry to hear this happened to you and hope you get quick resolution from Marineland (United Pet Group).

OP
OP
Sharvey103

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marineland has done the right thing by me. Watch soon for the new build thread and upgrade to a 300. Looking forward to bringing back my survivors from the best LFS - Nemo's Reef.

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear of your troubles . looking forward to see the new tank :) best of luck with the build.

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a quick up and down! I'm glad they're taking care of you. Looking forward to seeing the new tank thread!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back