265 in wall build

oldenred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be a mixed reef tank. I have put two Eshopp sumps together for the sump which provides an additional 55 gallons of water, Fleece wheels will be installed shortly to get rid of the filter socks. Lightning is trip Hydra 26’s. Reef Octopus 220SSS Elite skimmer, 2 Vortech MP 40’s, Two Tunze Nano Streams w/ controllers, Pentair 80w UV, over 400lbs of rock from pukani, reef saver and tonga shelf, Reef Ocotpus GFO reactor, Reef Octopus carbon reactor, and debating on zeovit reactor. Welcome any comments on those reactors. I am also using a 180gpd RODI, keep two 55 gallom barrels with extra water. Set up a 32 gallon biocube for a QT tank. Both tanks are currently cycling. QT should be ready in two weeks for CUC.

4300BE8D-D006-4749-B5EA-9D55289DF179.jpeg

OP
OP
O

oldenred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, plans for stocking order, give us detail and more pics, following!? :)

Stocking order is still bejng debated in my head. Probably start with several pairs of clowns and some fire gobys for the initial stocking to be followed by various tangs to be introduced at the same time. Would love to have an emperor but know they can go afrer coral. Will mix LPS and SPS at respective and appropriate depths in the water column. Really looking for eye popping color.

OP
OP
O

oldenred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the connected sump. Used 2” bulkheads to connect them. Most of the stuff listed above has not been set up yet. Will do all that while the tank cycles.

24A6BF71-0C3B-42E1-9D28-FAA4F6D82D50.jpeg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stocking order is still bejng debated in my head. Probably start with several pairs of clowns and some fire gobys for the initial stocking to be followed by various tangs to be introduced at the same time. Would love to have an emperor but know they can go afrer coral. Will mix LPS and SPS at respective and appropriate depths in the water column. Really looking for eye popping color.

Sounds great, can't wait to see it evolve. :)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ML265 is a good sized tank. Ran one for four years and was very happy with it. Sadly, every tank regardless of size, gets overgrown.

OP
OP
O

oldenred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ML265 is a good sized tank. Ran one for four years and was very happy with it. Sadly, every tank regardless of size, gets overgrown.

I can see that for sure. It’s bad when you want to build a new house for a tank! Heck, I just built this house last August. I am wanting one a lot wider. Probably at least 4’, maybe 6’. Length is fine though. Will want the next one to be the centerpiece of a room though with all the plumbing in another room. This one is nice, it sits in the study and can be seen from the living room but leaves a lot to be desired.

OP
OP
O

oldenred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard plumbed everything to get rid of hoses and re arranged the sump. Now to let the cycle finish and get it stocked!

D92FE985-46BC-4A06-976F-D651FF45A541.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back