27g cube

Tailfisher

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2018
Messages
133
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, getting ready to purchase a 27g cube and was needing ideas. Should I build it like a AIO , hang on back sump or have it drilled. I was on hiatus from the reef hobby after I lost all fish and coral a few years back do to hurricane and lost a ton of money in coral so would like to make it as simple as possible. Thanks and look forward to all replies.
 
Hello All, getting ready to purchase a 27g cube and was needing ideas. Should I build it like a AIO , hang on back sump or have it drilled. I was on hiatus from the reef hobby after I lost all fish and coral a few years back do to hurricane and lost a ton of money in coral so would like to make it as simple as possible. Thanks and look forward to all replies.

Any time you can go sump would be better if you have the room for one.
 
Would love to go with a sump but glass shops around here don't want to drill it for some reason. But girl said plate glass wouldn't be a problem. I guess they don't want to be responsible if this gs went south. I would drill it myself if the diamond bit wasn't so expensive to drill 2 holes.
 
Well decided to go with the glass hole overflow and dual return for maximum flow to try and avoid adding powerheads.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new