29 Biocube anemone tank

DazAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! So recently I was able to pick up a 29 gallon Biocube for free from one of my buddies. He had no use for it and the wife was surprisingly ok with me bringing another tank home.

So when trying to decide what I want to do with it I came up with I wanted to move my anemones from my main tank into this one and make it an anemone tank.

Equipment I’m debating on using
29 Biocube
RedSea Reefled 90 (already own)
Custom 3D printed media basket
Hydor nano pump or small Jebao or maybe an MP10
Stock return (until I figure out which Sicce pump fits)
Maybe a UV sterilizer and possible protein skimmer.

Not sure about stocking of the tank just yet. I know I’ll have two clowns in it. But beyond that not very sure what else I will put in there. Here’s a picture of the tank from when I brought it home.
C3853F6E-EBA5-4E85-988A-BC9DCAFFC544.jpeg

OP
OP
DazAquariums

DazAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got some rock and water in the tank. Some of this rock came from my frag system and some from my main system from the sump I was seeding. I’m not great with aquascaping not even going to lie but I did the best I could.

Still trying to decide on stocking of the tank and what I want to put in it. I have platinum clowns in my main display so more than likely I’m thinking of just doing some basic Ocellaris clowns in this one.

OP
OP
DazAquariums

DazAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For an update the tank has been up for awhile. I have got a few things in the tank finally.
720C38D0-0EB1-4314-9C95-6D22A5576CF5.jpeg

I have 5 fish. Two clowns, two blue/green chromis and a goby that I never see. As you can tell there has been a battle with algae but today it’s been clearing up nicely.

04D08A0B-0469-426C-B582-FA6DE6DEF524.jpeg
EA4D5049-5EF6-4EF0-A3FE-474C528F2C4F.jpeg
Got the inTank media holder in today. I put some filter floss and some carbon to help catch all the algae and build up of crap that’s been in the tank since I started it.

41679C01-F27F-46A5-BF01-5A638EFD3777.jpeg
I also finally got this little Coralife protein skimmer to work decently and it has been pulling gunk out nonstop. I have never really had much luck with nano protein skimmers in the past but I figured I could get it to do something eventually and my efforts were rewarded.

FF6EB0D4-1052-4B63-B3BA-D1929780615F.jpeg
I also swapped my light. I put the AI prime hd on as the Reeflite 90 was just to much of a headache. It’s internal clock kept slipping and the lights on program kept getting longer and longer.

0FD5A8B9-F660-47E4-A630-EDB22193BF42.jpeg
And lastly I got my first coral in the tank. Seems to be doing pretty decent so far. Curious how well it’ll do long term in the tank.

OP
OP
DazAquariums

DazAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked on the tank this morning. The skimmer cup was full of nasty goodness. Chunks of stuff and brown water. I can consider that a great success!
Also, the filter pad was completely caked with brown grossness and was clogged up and spilling over. So I dumped the skimmer and changed the pad before work. I’m hoping a few days of this and the Biocube will really turn itself around. The fish all seem extremely happy which is great.
I did finally see where my pistol shrimp in the tank hides. He’s in the back against a rock. He has also grown pretty large and is extremely beautiful. I don’t dear mess with him though. That rock will forever be his!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back