29 Biocube water level

Xtremeclownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the 29 Biocube the water level has a minimum and a maximum water level.
My concern that there is not much water in the rear chambers, instead the water level is near the top in display tank, the level of the water is equal level to the rear divider (chambers).
I've done a few mods; first replaced the standard reat pump with a large pond pump and added PVC to the bottom for more flow, was going to do a close loop, to avoid adding power heads. Anyhow as it sit still was not getting enough flow. Moving forward I added a Aquaticlife 115 skimmer in the fist chamber and a media basket in the second chamber.
I would like to add uv sterilizer and Smart ATO to the setup. But before I add the following items, I need to figured out how to lower the water in the tank, and raised the water in the rear chambers.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong or have any suggestion.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

michaust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry about the min max line those are there if you keep the tank completely stock with media balls I have the media basket in mine and I just make sure the water level is just above all my media and below the filter floss which makes my water level way above the max line

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back