29 gallon AIO biocube reboot

Had to scrub the glass a little ;-)
Lumii_20200207_170423837.jpg
looking good
 
I’m pretty spoiled too ;Hilarious


863E58A5-2910-41E1-9E4F-9353F3EDAE7B.jpeg
I am definitely not THAT spoiled If I ever upgrade to a larger tank, I think I will consider an integrated controller part of the startup cost....For now I'm pretty happy with a combination of programmable light, wave timers, and programmable dosing pump.
 
Me too. I bought it for when I’m away. Now that I have it, it isn’t used much. If I did it again, I would’ve put the money into another 26hd and more coral ;)
I am definitely not THAT spoiled If I ever upgrade to a larger tank, I think I will consider an integrated controller part of the startup cost....For now I'm pretty happy with a combination of programmable light, wave timers, and programmable dosing pump.
 
Me too. I bought it for when I’m away. Now that I have it, it isn’t used much. If I did it again, I would’ve put the money into another 26hd and more coral ;)
Good to know... Probably won't be high on my priority list, for this small tank the ATO, Doser, and timed lights is all I need for a week at a time.
 
Lumii_20200304_130524896.jpg

FTS 3/4/20. Starting to see some really
nice growth in the coral, especially the sps. Algae continues it's slow decline. I got a yellow clown goby, as they are good nano fish and a nice splash of color, but he is far too interested in sps polyps (a known danger for these guys). He has almost killed the green planet, and none of the other sps are showing polyps. He is now banished to the sump area while the sps recover, then decide whether to try him again.
 
Definitely! Having the EB8 is very helpful when feeding and doing wc’s/ maintenance though. A normal power bar with switches works too!
Good to know... Probably won't be high on my priority list, for this small tank the ATO, Doser, and timed lights is all I need for a week at a time.
 
Lumii_20200314_120241565.jpg
Lumii_20200312_180429645.jpg
IMG_20200118_165010969~2.jpg
IMG_20200312_180709901_HDR~3.jpg


FTS from today. Now basically in maintenance mode. I am doing 10% weekly water changes, adding Ca and Mg to my salt mix, as well as 25% Kalk in my top-off water. I have alk on an automatic Doser dosing 3mls 6 times a day. Params are holding steady, and inhabitants are doing well. The clams are growing like crazy, as well as the corals. Caulerpa and bryopsis continue a slow decline. All in all I am very happy, and really enjoying having a pretty tank to look at again. Not showcase like many on this forum, but such an improvement over what I had for the previous 2 years! IMG_20200312_180709901_HDR~2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new