29 Gallons of SPS

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Partial FTS of my 29gal BioCube from this past summer. Pushing the limits on how much I can fit into this thing. Lots of new corals have been added since. I will update with new pics soon as I have time to trim back the seriatoporas, for they are blocking most corals from view now.
IMG_3791.JPG

htownguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting are you using bonsaireef?

htownguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have basically proven to me I can fit WAY more in my 57 Gallon. Thank you.
This tank was sort of a project to see how much diversity can go into such little space. I have to say I'm surprised how well the corals move around each other and grow together with very minimal chemical warfare.

I use an ATI 6x24 power module with supplemental LEDs

Beautiful reef!
Thank you for the kind words

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a bunch of pictures of my nano tank the other week. Here are a some random frags I've been growing for a few months, some are older than others. I will try to name the ones I know, but most are just brown/bleached frags I get from my LFS. Some photos are taken under T5 & LED others T5 only. I will try to keep updated on these frags as they progress.
IMG_0188.jpeg
Fox Flame
IMG_0191.jpeg
No Name
IMG_0192.jpeg
No Name
IMG_0196.jpeg
Bali SC
IMG_0204.jpeg
Purple Passion
IMG_0198.jpeg
No Name
IMG_0199.jpeg
No Name
IMG_0206.jpeg
Matt V Mirage
IMG_0211.jpeg
ASD Rainbow Milli
IMG_0227.jpeg
Pantera Rosa
IMG_0228.jpeg
WD
IMG_0218.jpeg
No Name Milli & Sarmentosa
IMG_0232.jpeg
CC Hayfever

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very beautiful!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome :) . Do you have a build thread ? I would love to know the details of dosing, food , wc etc.
This is one of the best sps heavy bicobe I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you maintain your params? I imagine with all that sos keeping alk, ca, and mg stable would be hard.
I'd love to hear the filtration you have lined up here, plus what flow total you have across how many heads?
I'm with you guys!!! I want to hear the filtration

It's a little tricky being such a small volume of water. You'd think I was crazy if I said I haven't tested my water in over a year. I dose Kalkwasser and Cal along with weekly 10 gal WC which is roughly 40-50%. I know the tank runs high in nutrients because algae grows everywhere I cant reach. Not GHA but bryopsis and other macro algae which I don't really mind as long as it doesn't get close to the corals I think it gives a more natural look. My guess is the macro algae helps with overall tank health.

It's a Biocube, I don't have a sump or any outside filtration attached. I run a NS-80 skimmer and have a little mangrove in the middle chamber with some of that blue filter sheet stuff. As for flow, I run an mp 10 at 100% pulsing flow, 2 3rd gen Hydor powerheads (2450gph) and return which isn't much.

A Toadstool Leather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a little tricky being such a small volume of water. You'd think I was crazy if I said I haven't tested my water in over a year. I dose Kalkwasser and Cal along with weekly 10 gal WC which is roughly 40-50%. I know the tank runs high in nutrients because algae grows everywhere I cant reach. Not GHA but bryopsis and other macro algae which I don't really mind as long as it doesn't get close to the corals I think it gives a more natural look. My guess is the macro algae helps with overall tank health.

It's a Biocube, I don't have a sump or any outside filtration attached. I run a NS-80 skimmer and have a little mangrove in the middle chamber with some of that blue filter sheet stuff. As for flow, I run an mp 10 at 100% pulsing flow, 2 3rd gen Hydor powerheads (2450gph) and return which isn't much.
You does kalk? Do you use an ato or a drip system?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back